Table of Contents Hide
- Step 1 – Purchase Long Ribbons to Prepare the Bow
- Step 2 – Hold the Ribbon Tails with Your Hands and Bring those Tails to the Center
- Step 3 – Create the Last Loop by Taking the Foremost Loop Around Back
- Step 4 – Use Wires to Tie Ribbons
- Step 5 – Make Thin Grosgrain Ribbon Bows to Wrap a Gift Box
- Step 6 – Provide the Tails of the Ribbons with Proper Shape
- Step 7 – Use Many Ribbons
- Related Reads
- Wrap Up
To prepare a bow using a ribbon, you need to learn the correct techniques. Ribbon bows are often used for wrapping gifts and in crafts.
Thin ribbon bows are the most aesthetically pleasing and can make an ordinary gift look more attractive. They can also be used in various sizes for Halloween and Christmas decorations, such as small bows to enhance the appearance of Christmas trees.
To tie bows with thin ribbons, you do not need any additional materials such as glue or tape. The key is to master the proper technique. You can make bows at no cost by following the below guide, which has proven helpful for many individuals.
Step 1 – Purchase Long Ribbons to Prepare the Bow
To tie a fancy bow with thin ribbon, place the ribbon on a flat surface and cut it with scissors. It’s best to use more ribbon than you think you’ll need, since you’ll need enough to tie the bow.
You can remove any excess later. Be sure to turn off any ceiling fans in the room, as the flow of air can cause the thin ribbon to fly away and make it difficult to keep steady while working.
Step 2 – Hold the Ribbon Tails with Your Hands and Bring those Tails to the Center
To make a bow with thin ribbon, follow these steps:
- Gather the ribbon tails and bring them to the center.
- Hold the end of the ribbon in one hand and the ribbon’s tail in the other hand.
- Overlap the ends of the ribbon at the center.
- Make sure the loops are the same size by closely monitoring and adjusting as needed.
- Check that the loops are properly aligned.
Step 3 – Create the Last Loop by Taking the Foremost Loop Around Back
To finish the bow:
- Align the loops.
- Take the main loop and run it around the back.
- Hold both loops and pull them outward to secure them in place.
You can use thin ribbons to wrap gifts and decorate Christmas trees in various colors.
Step 4 – Use Wires to Tie Ribbons
If you have difficulty making a bow with thin ribbon, you can use wire to create loops and then use those loops to make the bow. To do this, place the ribbon on a flat surface and create two loops by holding the center of the ribbon.
Then, use wire or glue to secure the middle part of the ribbon. Adjust the loops to make sure they are symmetrical. If the ribbon is too long, you may need to trim the ends.
Step 5 – Make Thin Grosgrain Ribbon Bows to Wrap a Gift Box
To create a special bow for gift wrapping, follow these steps:
- Obtain 2-3 meters of ribbon for a standard gift box.
- Hold the end of the ribbon at the top center of the gift and wrap the box with the ribbon, securing the overlapping parts with glue.
- Use matching tape to create two loops in the middle of the ribbon.
- Attach the other loops with a different tape, holding them in place with your hand.
- Repeat this process on the other side of the ribbon to create a total of four loops.
Step 6 – Provide the Tails of the Ribbons with Proper Shape
To finalize the bow, cut the tails of the ribbon at a 45-degree angle. This will give the ribbon a polished look and make it suitable for gift wrapping or other uses.
Step 7 – Use Many Ribbons
Using multiple colors of ribbon can enhance the appearance of a bow, especially when using contrasting shades. This is especially effective when wrapping gifts.
I hope these steps and tips on how to use thin ribbon to make a bow were helpful! If you have any further questions or need more guidance, don’t hesitate to ask. You can use grosgrain, printed, or cotton ribbons.